Over here!

Monday, May 21, 2007

aaaarrrrgggghhhhh-Tunes

Here goes for another rant....

I've had it up to here with iTunes! The other day I finally got fed up with organising my music collection myself, so unleashed iTunes and it's automatic stuff. After what felt like watching paint dry trying to sort through all the Unknown Artists and their Unknown Albums, just because iTunes doesn't have the sense to look at file names when there's a blank tag, and having to go through numbering tracks of albums to get them in order (again, because iTunes doesn't think to check the original filename for the number) iTunes has now decided to start making some of my hard drives disappear from Windows Explorer :(

No, it's not magic, it's extrememly annoying as it's happened several times now. Today, just as I first opened it and played a track, iTunes complained that its library had disappeared. Sure enough, the drive with the iTunes library had gone again, taking everything on the same controller card with it, requiring a restart before they decided to come back again. Yes, I realise this may be unrelated, but it's never happened before and iTunes is the obvious thing to blame right now because of all the grief it's given me recently. So in hindsight, keeping my music files orgainsed myself was actually a lot less hassle than iTunes is worth. Grrrr.

Another rant over :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home